Coast Guard News
USCGA Public Affairs
U.S. Coast Guard
Date: May 11, 2012
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Contact: USCGA Public Affairs
Office: (860) 444-8270
Mobile: (860) 531-8724
Coast Guard Academy Commencement 2012 Media Ground Rules
Media interested in covering the commencement may call or email their information to the Coast Guard Academy's public affairs office at CGA-Public-Affairs@uscga.edu or (860) 531-8724. Information should include the name of the media person, job being performed (i.e. photographer, reporter, etc.), media affiliation, email address and phone number. Please also specify if you will be bringing a live truck.
The media center will be open for check-ins at 9 a.m. on commencement day. Media packets, passes and other information will be available.
Inclement weather plans call for graduation to be held in Leamy Hall Auditorium, where seating will be limited. Any changes to the event will be announced as soon as possible.
Media Ground Rules for Coast Guard Academy Commencement are:
- All satellite/live trucks must be in place on Harriet Lane by 7:30 a.m.
- Live shots are allowed before and during commencement ceremonies
- All media members will be directed to park in the Billard gymnasium parking lot.
- Media check-ins will open at 9 a.m. in Billard gymnasium
- Media members must check-in with the academy public affairs staff in the Billard gymnasium no later than 10 a.m. to get credentials. No one is permitted on the field without credentials.
- Media members must prominently display their credentials at all times.
- Pooling may be required if limited space dictates. Media members are encouraged to develop pool arrangements.
- Media may approach and interview newly-commissioned officers immediately following graduation, after Secretary Napolitano has left the field.
- If you need something, please ask a Coast Guard media liaison.
- These rules will be strictly enforced. Failure to adhere to these rules or other verbal instructions may result in immediate removal from academy grounds.
Saving Lives and Guarding the Coast Since 1790.
The United States Coast Guard -- Proud History. Powerful Future.